Little did I know, when I wrote my first blog entry, that an ENTIRE YEAR would go by before I uttered another peep! Part of that was that I scared myself! I thought, "OMG!, who is gonna read this? What do I know? What did I say?" After awhile I realized NOBODY was going to read it ( sorry cousin Linda-you DID read it!) I probably know as much as anybody, and if nobody is reading this-then WHO CARES what I say?
The other reason is that I have been VERY BUSY working my ETSY SHOP. I`ve learned about CIRCLES, Shipping Costs, why good PHOTOS are important, spent hours clicking on my FAVORITES in hundreds of amazing shops, joining TEAMS, participating in Team Discussions, giving advice to Newbies that know even LESS than I do, and making a lot of great friends!
Oh, and DESIGNING and MAKING and LISTING my products! Yeah, that little thing.
So I started with my Fabulous FLEECE HATS ( a little late in February, but hey! it`s cold somewhere!)
Then I made some FELT Flower Corsages. Then felt Flowers on Headbands and Ponytail holders. Then I joined the MILLINERS of ETSY Team. I`ve actually made a lot of hats in my life, but hadn`t really been a Milliner. So I jumped right in, made some Felt Flower Fascinaters, sewn onto combs. I made a few actual HATS,(without the aid of any actual milliners supplies or tools. I used the wire hoop from a lamp shade for one hat and layers of felt, wired and covered with silk, for others.) I made a few BRIDAL Headpieces with lovely handmade ROSES ( oops, just noticed I`m still being emphatic. Oh good-fixed it)
Then BOOM! It was FALL again and I made new FLEECE HATS and re shot my PHOTOS, changed my Tags and Descriptions (trying to woo the GOOGLE monster) fussing and fretting over my shop.
So I LITERALLY have not caught my breath until NOW!!!
I have FINALLY made (here we go...) TWO WHOLE SALES!
So I have achieved a few of my goals of a year ago.
Now-do I continue on in the hopes of making MANY MORE SALES? Or do I change direction? Really, something has got to work soon. I personally LOVE my HATS and wear them lots. People who like them, LOVE them. I`ve chosen to believe that I haven`t sold much on ETSY because I just haven`t reached my audience yet.
Recently I`ve added a FB page to K is for kitty, gotten active on PINTEREST, and here I am BLOGGING!
Hang in there!!!! Keep writing!!!!
ReplyDelete